Royal Coronation Flower Inspiration
The Royal Coronation is fast approaching and it is a great sales opportunity for you as a florist or flower arranger. Have you considered offering a flower bouquet, gift basket or design to your customers this May for the celebration?
Below, we have highlighted different flower varieties that you can consider in each colour palette:
Blue flowers are limited, but there are some beautiful flowers available to suit your flower designs, especially bouquet work.
- Forget me Nots (Myosotis)
Did you know? At the time, the King, who was still Prince Charles, revealed that his favourite bloom is the delphinium. He said, "For me, the magnificent, gloriously appareled delphinium, with its impeccable bearing and massed in platoons, holds pride of place in my botanical affections.”
We are spoilt for choice on red flower varieties that are available on the flower markets in red. Some of our favourite include:
- Spray Roses (Mirabel, Rubicon or Dominica)
- Roses (Naomi, Freedom or Rhodos Red)
- Alstroemeria (Noize or Nadya)
- Carnation (Scarlet or Grand Slam)
- Spray Carnation (Scarlet)
- Gerbera (Dynamic, Barones, Ladies First)
- Hypericum (Coco Diablo Spray or Coco Tango)
- Tulips (Renegade or Strong Love)
Similar to red, we are spoilt for choice with the availability of white flowers. There is a lot of different types available on the market that you can choose from to suit the style of your bouquet and flower arrangement. Some of our favourite include:
- Alstroemeria (Virginia)
- Lisianthus (Alissa White or Celeb White)
- Veronica (Caya)
- Roses (Avalanche, Alpe Dhuez, Albatros,
- Bouvardia (Royal White, White Sensation)
- Carnation or Spray Carnation (Bridal White, Everest)
- Delphinium White
- Snapdragon Potomac White
- Tulips (Royal Virgin, Honeymoon, Polar Bear)
- Waxflower Crystal Pearl
All of the above flowers can be found on wholesalers website or at your local florists.
Triangle Nursery wholesalers link is www.trianglenursery.co.uk
Sign up to Newsletter
Sign up to our mailing list to get updates from our experts. We promise we will not pass your details on to anyone else.